I’m in the middle of baking chocolate chip cookies with chunks of Andes mints in them – I know, I blow my own mind – and after the week I’ve had, I’m really just not focused enough to do much more than tell you what you should do – in bullet form, of course.
You can thank me later.
– Read “The War of Art,” by Steven Pressfield. I read it in one sitting, neglecting everything on my To-Do list that day and you know what? I didn’t even feel a teensy bit guilty about it. It’s a great book, especially for those with an art they love to pursue. Read it. Then read it again. Then tell me how much you love it.
– Watch this video by Ok Go and try not to laugh. No seriously. I giggled so much the first time I had to watch it again. Now, watch this one. Entertainment factor = immense. The Husb and I enjoyed them so much that we bought their album – not too shabby.
– The West Wing. That’s all I need to say. Lah-huv.
– Don’t trip up stairs (especially marble ones!) holding a glass bottle. Just don’t do it. Aside from the nasty, glittery, all-too-dangerous mess you’ll have to clean up, you will suffer cuts – many of them. And as if almost slicing your digits off weren’t enough, 5 days later you’ll find out that a tiny piece of glass had silently and painlessly been taking up residence in the palm of your hand. And you know how you’ll find out it was there? Because, very conveniently, it will pop to the surface just as you’re rubbing your face. It will be so un-awesome you’ll need to break down and make chocolate chip cookies with Andes mint chunks.
– Help me come up with a domain/blog name so I can buy it and make it mine and have LiLu design it. Think of it as an early birthday present to me (March 21st, if you’re wondering). C’mon, I just know your brains are bubbling with something that can help me out.
I’m going to go get myself a carton of milk and put my face in a plate of cookies now.
PS: Thanks to everyone who responded to my recent post, The Reluctantly Domesticated. Your words felt like warm hugs and it was just what I needed. I feel much better ❤